Sunday, June 26, 2011

the Herb Garden!

I have been pondering and drawing and talking about an herb garden for about nine months. Part of gardening is patience, trying something, having it fail or change, trying again----and having wonderful support from fellow gardeners.
Here is a picture of the area when I starting pondering about a visual herb garden:

After weeding and waiting for a dry day (that would be May 6!), Steven tilled the area (thank you!!!---I would've hurt myself with the tiller).

May 2011 was a wet and rainy month. And we were all busy with things. This let me: research herbs; learn how to place stepping stones into the ground; shop around, pick stepping stones; and budget. Then one day the person with the money said "let's go shopping!". So three hours later and lots of stuff unpacked, I was ready to implement all this planning.
First I laid out the stones and asked a few people their opinion. Then I started digging!

After digging, I placed the weed cloth over the area and then placed the heavier sand/rock mixture over the weed cloth.

I was able to get some of the stone in the first night, but the second night I was able to finish it by 7:30pm---then ate dinner under the tree.

The next morning fellow gardeners helped plant all the herbs. (I was tired!)

And here is the group with the completed herb garden! I hope that everyone gets to cook with some of the fresh herbs from the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment