Last night I was looking over my hand written journal of thoughts and drawings on the community garden (I got the awesome journal from the SLCC Writing Center). On one of the first pages of the journal I wrote about why I like gardening (which is different than the post on why I want to be in a community garden).
I like to garden because....
- I like the smell of wet dirt
- I like the feel of dirt in my hands
- I like observing the shapes, colors, and textures of the plants and flowers and vegetables
- I like the smell of basil and lavender and sage
- I feel connected to the earth
- the garden is calm
- the garden lets me know that it is ok to fail and try again
- in the spring the garden makes me feel awake and alive after winter hibernation